Retreat InfoAbout the Retreat:
Ayahuasca is widely considered by many who know and use it, as a
masterpiece of nature that cures ills, teaches us, corrects us and punishes
us (like a loving mother who scolds us, so that we leave behind our
weaknesses, our weights and continuously improve as conscious human
In the Andean and Amazon cultures the native communities consider
Ayahuasca to be a "mother plant" of the plant world, understanding the term
"mother" not in its common meaning, but as a main source and channel
capable of providing access to other plants in the natural world.
Before and during a ceremony it is important for the participant to focus on a
particular intention which they wish to gain or learn about , from drinking
Ayahuasca. In this way we are consciously drinking the sacred medicine
with an open heart and an increased ability to give and receive love. When
you open your heart fully, you then begin to open your mind.
The first Ayahuasca visions are usually presented after a period of
dizziness, that allows the participant to purge the medicine through vomiting
(although not in all cases). This purgative process serves the purpose of
physically and energetically cleansing participants, thereby eliminating all
impurities contained in the body and spirit. Purging is a natural process of an
Ayahuasca ceremony, and usually occurs about 30 or 40 minutes after
taking the medicine.
When a person first drinks Ayahuasca they can be startled by the wealth of
information, insights and spirits of the natural world (animals, plants, etc.),
that begin to interact with them. Initially their visions can mix with their
internal fear, weaknesses and doubts, and this initial fear and disorientation
is often greater for those who are less connected with the spiritual and
natural world in their day to day lives. However once Ayahuasca has had to
a chance to fully connect with the person any initial disorientation then gives
way to a heightened sense of alertness and inner peace, as they are then
surrounded by softer visions.Description of Services:
What is included in the Ayahuasca Retreat
- Transport (from the hotel to the retreat center and back).
- Volcanic water cleansing ceremony (détox).
- Ceremony for unification of energies with coca leaf.
- Coca leaf reading ceremony.
- Kuti - Cleansing ceremony (energetic cleaning).
- Ayahuasca ceremony(ies)
- Pachamama offering ceremony (Mother Earth ceremony).
- Relaxing massage
- Shaman (master) of ayahuasca per ceremony
- 1 assistant of ceremonies, who make available to patients what they need throughout the retreat and different ceremonies.
- Translation from Quechua/Spanish to English.
- Group meeting - Presentation of shamans (Masters), conversation about the different ceremonies to perform.
- Group meeting - Opportunity to share the experiences and lessons learned in the Ayahuasca ceremony and explanation of visions. Consultations available before and after the Ayahuasca ceremonies.
- All food and drinks are a simple and delicious vegetarian diet suitable for working with medicinal plants – Ayahuasca.
- Accommodation - Within our facilities you can find the basic necessities of life, as shared bedrooms with a capacity of three people, two or single, with private bathrooms.
- Medical exam 24 hours before your retreat starts.
- Medical staff: A nurse will always be present at the Ayahuasca ceremonies.
The team consists of a Shaman, English speaking facilitator, nurses, doctors, housekeeper and cook.
DetailsFounder(s) / CEO: Italo PonceGroup Size: 1-12Price Range: $280-$2000Specializing In: Anxiety, Ayahuasca, Depression, and PTSD
Our ProcessOverview of Experience:
1 week prior to the treatment with the medicine Ayahuasca following the mandatory Diet is required. Safe cessation of all medications, pills, herbal remedies, vitamins, drugs; the cessation timelines and methods should be as recommended by prescribing physician or manufacturer. This may be more than one week depending on the substance. Patients should contact us with a list of all medication names, doses and dates last taken for review. 1 day before the retreat we provide complementary Volcanic Water Cleansing and medical check at our office. A health certificate is required from your doctor.
The day when your retreat starts we pick you up and bring to the Retreat Center. There we have a conversation about how the ceremony will be performed, shaman introduction . The ceremony starts at 7PM and last 5-7 hours. Next morning we share the experience and shaman explains the visions and healing process he did. In all our retreats we have Andean ceremonies like Coca Leaf Reading, Kuti - cleansing ceremony and Pachamama ceremony, After you retreat our transportation will bring you back to Cusco city.Intake Process:
After the booking we ask you questions about your health conditions as there are restrictions to take Ayahuasca, we consult the doctors and make sure what prescription medication you are allowed or not allowed to take and when it should be stopped.
We require 50% deposit to secure your spot.Supplemental Modalities: We require a health certificate 30 days old. If you already leave your country, the certificate can be obtained in Cusco.Psychedelic Substances Offered: Ayahuasca, San PedroHow does this Center source medicine?:
The medicine is prepared in the heart of Amazon jungle in the region of Pucallpa by native Shipibo shamans.Practice reciprocity with local communities?: Yes